Get sculpted and beautiful athletic buttocks. At Geoplasty Plastic Surgery we help you get rid of sagging skin and improve the shape of your buttocks, to bring out your figure and femininity.
What a gluteal lift is
A gluteal lift or buttock lift is a very popular procedure which aims to improve the overall silhouette of the lower part of the body. It is considered reconstructive surgery, necessary after massive weight loss.
As time goes by, the buttocks:
- Lose their volume, especially on the upper part, and deflate.
- Become loose because of laxity of the skin and underlying tissue.
- Combine volume loss and sagging.
Usually, the problem is due to massive weight loss, either normally or after obesity surgery. It may also be caused by pregnancy or ageing.
When the issue is major, it cannot be corrected only with exercise.
A gluteal lift can be achieved with various methods:
- Silicone implants – It is a method used frequently. The implants replace the missing volume and lift the buttocks. However, high rates of postoperative complications have been recorded and this is the reason why it is not the method of choice for Dr Georgopoulos.
- EMT BODY SCULPΤOR© – It is the most contemporary non-invasive gluteal lift technique for mild to moderate problems.
- Liposuction/Liposculpture – It is a more invasive and drastic method, which shapes the gluteal area, offers augmentation and restores the buttocks curves, without incisions. However, it is ideal for specific cases only.
- Surgical gluteal lift – It is suggested for more difficult cases. It is ideal for improving the shape of the buttocks and the posterior surface of the upper thigh. This means, the areas that may have sagged and show excess skin due to weight loss, ageing or genes.
Having your safety in mind, Dr Georgopoulos will evaluate the problem and, based on his experience, he will recommend the best technique for you.
How a gluteal lift is performed
The procedure is usually performed under general anaesthesia, after a preoperative check-up is completed.
There are various techniques, but extensive liposuction always comes first. In this way:
- We give the desired shape.
- We harvest fat to restore volume loss with fat grafting.
The incisions are performed high, over the buttocks, so that they are covered even by underwear.
The skin is separated from the muscle. Then, either a strip of skin/subcutaneous tissue is removed from the gluteal area, or subcutaneous tissue is redistributed for additional volume.
Finally, the deficit is sutured, lifting the buttocks high.
What happens after the procedure
After the procedure, you must stay in the hospital for 1 day.
You need to wear a compression garment for approximately 1 month.
During the first week you may have difficulty walking and experience mild discomfort when you sit.
After approximately 10 days, you may return to your daily activities. It is advisable to exercise after 1 month.
The results of the procedure may last for years and are not affected by small weight fluctuations.
We will give you a comprehensive monitoring and postoperative care plan, tailored to your needs. This will not only include general instructions, but also information regarding permitted activities. You will also be prescribed pharmaceutical treatment.
What the possible complications of a gluteal lift are
Some of the possible, though rare, complications are haematoma and wound infection, which could lead to rupture and fluid collection.
By using special techniques and ointments, the incisions are not detectable. However, Dr Georgopoulos ensures the incisions are made on strategic areas, where the scarring is covered by the natural folds of the body or by clothing.
What other procedures a gluteal lift may be combined with
A gluteal lift may be combined with liposuction/liposculpture for better shaping the silhouette.
Dr Georgopoulos has extensive experience in body contouring. He will evaluate your needs and desires and will recommend the procedure that can offer you the anticipated result.
Why choose us for a gluteal lift
If you want beautiful buttocks, without sagging skin, we offer the most contemporary and reliable techniques for a gluteal lift. Dr Georgopoulos and the fully trained personnel of Geoplasty Plastic Surgery ensure excellent, long-lasting results, with attention to safety.
On your first visit, Dr Georgopoulos will discuss with you in depth every detail of the gluteal lift, your available options, as well as how to best prepare before the procedure. He will guide you responsibly so you may reach a safe, effective and ideal solution.
Book an appointment to find out all about the available options and personalised solutions, fully tailored to your needs:
- Call on +302108949289.
- Fill in the contact form.