Get rid of prominent breasts and restore your confidence. At Geoplasty Plastic Surgery, we help you improve the image of your chest area overall, offering all the latest treatments and techniques for gynecomastia correction.
What gynecomastia is
Gynecomastia or lipomastia describes the excessive development of breast tissue in males. It usually starts in adolescence, it may appear in adulthood, especially after excess weight gain.
It is usually a benign condition, however, it may have a negative impact on a man’s self-image.
75% of the cases are idiopathic, while the remaining 25% are accompanied by an underlying cause.
Gynecomastia is corrected with a surgical procedure. The objective is to remove excess fat from the breasts and chest, shaping the upper body.
The main aim is a youthful appearance, not only for the breast, but also for the anterior thoracic wall, overall.
How gynecomastia correction is performed
The procedure is performed under local and twilight anaesthesia and the patient is discharged on the same day. Before the procedure, a blood test and a breast ultrasound are performed, as well as the typical preoperative check-up.
Dr Georgopoulos uses Vaser Lipo reduction equipment, the latest technology to treat gynecomastia.
Through very small incisions on the skin, the mammary gland is ruptured. Then, fat and gland are trimmed away through liposuction, while the skin is firmed.
In very rare cases, a small incision below the areola may be performed to remove a small part of the mammary gland.
What happens after the procedure
Postoperatively, you need to wear a compression garment to minimise the oedema and accelerate the healing process.
For about 2 weeks, it is advisable to avoid any vigorous activity.
What the results of the procedure are
The body shape improves immediately after the procedure and keeps improving as the oedema subsides.
The end result is permanent.
What the possible complications of gynecomastia correction are
Some of the possible, though rare, complications those common to all surgeries and include infection and haematoma. Furthermore, transient hyposensitivity of the nipple may develop.
Any possible complications are fully treatable and reversible within the first few days.
Why choose us for gynecomastia correction
If you want to get rid of gynecomastia, at Geoplasty Plastic Surgery we offer the most contemporary and reliable techniques for correction. Dr Georgopoulos and the fully trained personnel of Geoplasty Plastic Surgery ensure excellent, long-lasting results, with attention to safety.
Over the last decade, Dr Georgopoulos has gained deep knowledge and experience in the area of breast surgery and has been recognised as an expert both in cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. On your first visit, he will discuss with you in depth every detail of gynecomastia correction and all your available options. He will help you choose a treatment tailored to your needs for getting the well-defined chest you wish for.
Book an appointment to find out all about the available options and personalised solutions, fully tailored to your needs:
- Call on +302108949289.
- Fill in the contact form.