Scars may be caused by various reasons, such as surgical procedures, accidents, burns or acne. At Geoplasty Plastic Surgery, we offer specialised and contemporary solutions for the treatment of scars, using both simple techniques and surgical procedures, depending on the problem.
What scars are
Scars may be caused by various reasons: surgical procedures, accidents, burns. Apart from aesthetic problems, scars may cause functional problems, such as pain, shrinkage and reduced mobility.
A special category is scars that appear on the face after intense cystic acne, especially among younger people. The problem is more intense when the scars become hypertrophic or keloids develop. In this case, the wish of the patient is not only to improve their appearance, but also to erase the scars that remind them of a potentially traumatic experience.
Contemporary plastic surgery offers various methods to:
- Correct any aesthetic deformity.
- Improve the functionality of the area.
- Improve the patient’s state of mind.
How scars are treated
There are various treatments available for improvement or even eradication of scars.
The simplest techniques that may be applied at the doctor’s office, on their own or combined, are:
- Use of special pharmaceutical treatment.
- Microneedling with Dermapen.
- Injectable autologous mesotherapy.
- Cortisone injections, especially for hypertrophic scars and keloids.
- Radio frequencies, in combination with hyaluronic acid injections.
- Stem cell therapy from fat is a technique that is becoming all the more popular.
The surgical treatments to restore scars include:
- Excisions using the appropriate technique.
- Release through a special technique (percutaneous fasciotomy – rigotomies).
- Use of skin grafts for more complex cases.
For better results, in most cases these treatments are used in combination.
At Geoplasty Plastic Surgery, we offer all these treatments. Dr Georgopoulos is appropriately qualified to guide you towards the most effective treatment, tailored to your needs.
Why choose us for treatment of the scars
If you have problems with unsightly scars, at Geoplasty Plastic Surgery, we offer the most contemporary, reconstructive procedures as well as suitable and modern equipment.
Dr Georgopoulos has long experience in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. He has the relevant technical know-how to minimise scarring and improve the existing scars remarkably.
On your first visit, Dr Georgopoulos will assess your needs and will discuss with you about all the available options. He will guide you, so that may choose a safe and effective treatment, tailored to your needs.
Furthermore, the experienced and qualified staff of Geoplasty Plastic Surgery will advise you accordingly for your smooth recovery.
Book an appointment to find out all about the available options and personalised solutions, fully tailored to your needs: